I took a small break to take care of some real-life stuff, and I wound up being late to the party for a HECK load of news surrounding The Runaways movie. So, here’s what I missed. I’ll start with the big stuff:
1. The Runaways movie has secured distribution in both the US and Spain. Aurum acquired the Spanish rights, and Apparition acquired the US rights. Apparition will release The Runaways in the US on March 19, 2010 (one week after the release of Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson’s Remember Me). Apparition is a new distribution company founded earlier in 2009.
2. Sundance.com released a first-look picture for the film, and announced that the film will have three showings in Park City, Utah, on January 24, 25, and 30, in addition to the one showing in Madison, Wisconsin on January 28.
Kstewfangirl has a larger version of the same picture HERE.
(More cool stuff after the jump.)
Thanks to joanjettbadrep.com for this scoop: The Runaways movie will be screened at the Sundance Film Festival’s Madison, Wisconsin theater at 7:30 PM on Thursday, January 28, 2010. Tickets are on sale now! The film will only show once.
HERE is the main site for the theater.
Click here to go to the main ticket ordering page. (You can also get here from the main site.) Once inside the ticket ordering page:
1. Under “For Future Schedules or to Purchase Tickets for a Future Date,” click GO.
2. Select January 2010 from the Display Month drop-down box.
3. Click on the 28th in the calendar.
4. Click the show time to purchase your tickets.
Tickets are only $15.00.
Have fun if you go, and tell us all about it! (But please don’t send me any spoilers! I don’t even want to know the songs that appear in the film. I want everything to be a surprise when I see it in the theater. Thanks!)