File this under “Stuff I should have told you MONTHS ago.” My EPIC bad.
Joan Jett is one of the many celebrities interviewed in a new documentary about Lemmy, lead singer and bassist for Motorhead: Lemmy: 49% Motherf**ker, 51% Son Of A Bitch. Joan and Lemmy have a long history together, going back to The Runaways days, and The Blackhearts toured with Motorhead and Alice Cooper in the UK in 2007.
Vh1 had this big news for metalheads and Motorhead fans: The latest installment of the VH1 Rock Docs, series. “Lemmy” premieres Friday, February 11th at 11:30PM* on VH1, VH1 Classic, and Palladia.
Filmed over the course of three years, “LEMMY” made its world premiere at the 2010 South By Southwest Film and Music Festival, and has since collected rave reviews at film festivals around the globe. Other interviews featured in the film include musicians Dave Grohl, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Joan Jett, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osborne, Slash, The Clash’s Mick Jones, Joy Division/New Order’s Peter Hook, IceT, David Navarro, Pulp’s Jarvis Cocker, as well as actor/musician Billy Bob Thornton and professional wrestler Triple H, all of whom make the case that Lemmy is more than just a tremendous musician: he symbolizes what metal is, what it was, and what it should be. “LEMMY” is currently screening at theaters nationwide and the uncensored director’s cut will be available in stores on DVD and Blu-ray on Tuesday, February 15.
The film has been making the rounds at screenings and festivals all over the world, and has been showing at US theaters since January 13. Here’s a list of upcoming theaters and cities. See the full list of dates at http://lemmymovie.com/. The site says that more dates will be added soon:
- Jan. 26, San Antonio, Alamo Drafthouse Westlakes **
- Jan. 27, 9 p.m., Savannah, GA, Muse Arts Warehouse (Psychotronic Film Festival)**
- Jan. 28-30, Nashville, Belcourt Theatre
- Jan. 28-29, Auburn, NY, The Auburn Public Theater
- Jan. 30, Cleveland, The Beachland Ballroom**
- Feb. 1-2, San Francisco, The Roxie
- Feb. 2, Portland, ME, SPACE Gallery **
- Feb. 2, Tucson, AZ, The Loft Cinema **
- Feb. 2-3, Detroit, The Magic Bag
- Feb. 3, Philadelphia, The Trocadero**
- Feb. 4, Boston, Regent Theatre **
- Feb. 4-10, Seattle, Northwest Film Forum
- Feb. 4-6, Pittsburgh, Harris Theater
- Feb. 4-6, Kansas City, MO, Screenland Crossroads
- Feb. 5: Long Beach, Calif., The Art Theatre of Long Beach **
- Feb. 5, Macon, GA, Cox Capitol Theatre **
- Feb. 10, 9:45 p.m., Chicago, The Music Box Theatre**
- ** One night only
From the official site: “Theaters wanting to book Lemmy: 49% Motherf**ker, 51% Son Of A Bitch should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- http://lemmymovie.com/ — official site
- Lemmy (2010) — IMDB page
- Release dates (from IMDB)
- Lemmy Movie on Facebook
- Follow Lemmy Movie on Twitter
- Lemmy Movie’s YouTube channel
- US: Preorder the DVD on Amazon
- US: Preorder the Blu-ray on Amazon
Before I found the official site with all the US theater dates listed, I googled “Lemmy pittsburgh, pa” to see if the film would screen in my hometown. This was the first hit! Awwwww! (Too bad I’m allergic. I miss having kitties.)